Practically indestructible, this wine carrying case has a 100% polycarbonate shell and dense closed-cell foam that will enable you transport all of your “…liquid poetry.”
The wine cavities are especially designed to hold a combination of bottles of almost any shape, from traditional Bordeaux and Burgundy, to Champagne and Riesling. You can accommodate a full case (12) of regular size 750ml bottles in your VinGardeValise® and fully packed, it weighs between 43 to 50 lbs. Depending on the size of bottles, may exceed 50 lbs.
In our mission to make sure that the VinGardeValise® is the ultimate wine suitcase, we regularly interact with our customers and users, welcoming their feedback. In the VGV®Grande we have incorporated many of their suggestions to make it even better.
Important Reminder: You are not allowed to pass wine or other liquids through security. However, at some international airports you can carry on wine or other liquids purchased in duty free shops. Always check with your airline before carrying on wine or any other liquids that exceed the 3-1-1 rule.
- Dimensions: 27.6”x18.3”x13.1”, Weight 13.5 lb. (empty)
- Typically weighs between 43 to 50 lbs. fully packed with twelve, 750ml bottles of wine
- Depending on the size of bottles, may exceed 50 lbs.
- Available in Dark Grey and Silver
We observed that airline baggage handlers often rip the permanently attached strap out of the frame of the suitcase, causing irreparable damage. To counter this, we have installed a removable strap with a much stronger clasp. You can quickly install the strap by threading it through new suitcase feet. Removing is just as easy, especially when you are visiting multiple wineries in an afternoon.
To make it easier and more flexible for consumers to pack a variety of bottle shapes and sizes, we have developed separate foam strips to create a level bottom (placed around the handle channels for the pull out handle) on both sides of the suitcase, making all the bottle inserts totally interchangeable. There is also a second top for the left side of the suitcase to accommodate additional volume just in case you want to pack smaller bottles. You can remove the second top if you don’t need it. To accommodate style bottles, there is a Burgundy shaped cavity. The Bordeaux shaped cavity has removable “shoulder” pads to fit Bordeaux-shaped bottles with larger shoulders snugly.
The VGV®04 is about 1.25 cm deeper on each side (compared to the original VGV®) to take heftier wine bottles such Syrah, Pinot and champagne. The additional depth makes it easier to pack and close the suitcase. This also decreases stress on the suitcase frame, interior and exterior zippers and the polyester covers on either side of the suitcase.
Hard Case Shell
We have upgraded the hard case shell to 2.4 mm thick, 100% polycarbonate. Polycarbonate has about twice as much impact strength as ABS. Polycarbonate is also twice as expensive as ABS, and offers superior protection for Stevenson’s “bottled poetry.”
We have added brand new stronger zippers, zipper pullers and zipper puller extenders to the VinGardeValise®Grande to make it easier to use, from gripping the zipper to closing the suitcase.
Another upgrade we’ve made is more fabric in the polyester cover for each side of the suitcase to make the VinGardeValise®easier to pack and zip closed.
We have repositioned the interior clasps to preclude them from hitting each other when closing the suitcase.
This has been upgraded to a stronger and more pliable outside name tag.
Use and Maintenance
For detailed information on how to pack and clean your VinGardeValise® and accessories please click here.
- The VGV® Grande 4.0 features a 100% polycarbonate shell with closed-cell foam
- The new asymmetrical Hinomoto wheels make the VGV® easy for you to maneuver
- A lift handle, located at the bottom of the VGV®, makes it easy to load
- The telescoping handle is constructed from 8 mm aircraft grade aluminum
- Stronger burst straps have been constructed with automotive seatbelt material
- A TSA compliant lock is flush mounted and integrated into the VGV®
- The interior zippers have been repositioned to make them easier to zip
- Foam cubes are included to use as fillers, insuring a snug fit
- The standard inserts are now 35cm, accommodating bottles with a longer neck